“Visit Armenia, It Is Beautiful” announces Essay Contest #5 – 2017
The “Visit Armenia, It Is Beautiful” project has organized Essay Contest #5 open To 9th to 12th grades high school level students.
Participants should write an essay in Armenian or English about “Why I want to visit Armenia”
The deadline to register is January 31, 2018
The deadline to submit the essays is February 10, 2018
Winners to be announced March 14, 2018
For full details, application forms and questions, please visit https://www.visitarmenia.org/html/promotional.html or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We anticipate an overwhelming response and a very large number of participants, so please do not delay your registration.
Please click on the links below to view complete details and to download the necessary forms.
Essay Contest Registration Application
Essay Contest Parent Consent Form
This essay contest is open to all High School students – 9th to 12th grades. The deadline to submit your essay is February 10, 2018.
A panel of qualified judges will read, grade and select the winning essays. Three (3) winners will be selected and the essays may be published in Armenian newspapers or social media. All essays will become the property of VAIIB, and may be used and incorporated in the VAIIB website. By submitting your essay, you agree to these terms. Participants under the age of 18 years, must have their parents written consent to register and enter this contest.
First prize: $500.00, second prize: $300.00 and third prize: $200.00. Additionally, eight honorable mentions will be awarded certificates and gifts.
- A. The essays may be written in English or Armenian and should be between 700 to 1000 words about why “I want to visit Armenia”. It should be well organized and concise.
- B. To qualify, your essay should creatively include and incorporate a minimum of two subjects from the list below. If your essay does not include at least 2 of the topics, the essay may be disqualified and/or your omission may negatively impact your grade given by the grading judges (at the judge’s option).
The mandatory subjects are as follows (remember at least 2 of the following must be included):
- Would you consider getting your higher education in Armenia? Why or why not?
- Would you consider opening a business in Armenia? If so what kind of business (where, what location: province, city, etc., and how would your business help Armenia’s economy.)
- You are creating an APP for tourism in Armenia. Incorporate 8 top hits of your APP and navigate your APP.
4.You are joining a top Architectural development group as an advisor to build a new or unknown tourist destination (one specific destination) in Armenia. You will propose what the attraction is, where and why the attraction will help promote tourism to Armenia.
- You are accompanying two non-Armenians on a trip to Armenia for two weeks. How do you convince them to join you on your trip, who are you taking with you, what sights do you intend to visit and why.
- C. Spelling, grammar and presentation will be considered by the grading judges.
- D. Write your registration number (see below) on the top right corner of each page of your essay as well as at the end of each page.
- E. Do NOT include your name, grade, school name or any other identifying information on or in the body of your essay, or your essay will immediately be dis-qualified. (You should include this information in the registration process only.)
To participate, please register by January 31, 2018. E-mail your full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, place and date of birth, school name, and grade level to Ara@visitarmenia.org, Or complete the registration form below. Once your registration is received you will be assigned a personal registration number that will be e-mailed to you, along with a parental consent form, which must be completed and signed by a parent or guardian, and mailed or e-mailed with your essay before the February 10, 2018, deadline. To secure an unbiased selection, your information will be kept strictly confidential and your identity will not be provided to the judges/selection panel, or anyone else, until after the judges have chosen the three winning essays and honorary mentions.
Again, remember to include your assigned registration number on each page of your essay but do not include your name, school or other identifying information. Your essays, along with the signed parental consent form, must be submitted by mail to P.O. Box 7011, Burbank, CA 91510, or by e-mail to Ara@visitarmenia.org, on or before the deadline of February 10, 2018. Any submission of an essay that does not comply with the requirements outlined above will not be considered. The results will be announced and an Award Ceremony which will be held on March 14, 2018, at Raffi Cultural Center, 1711 N. Winona Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90027. Please mark this date so that you can attend.
Please note: due to the large number of participants, the first 120 registrants will be considered.
Good Luck, and remember, “Visit Armenia, It Is Beautiful.”
Registration by 01/31/18 – Submission by 02/10/18 – Award Ceremony 03/14/18
Essay #5 Registration Entry Form
Please visit the following Youtube items and see what “Visit Armenia, It Is Beautiful” is doing.
You too can Create and share videos using the Logo. Please let me know. Thanks. Ara
Thank you GirArt for preparing and publishing the following:
All organizations, churches, schools or other groups who would like a supply of our “Visit Armenia It Is Beautiful” promotional items, at this time we provide posters and postcards. We also have t-shirts and tank tops with the logo for reasonable cost prices, which is a great idea for fund raising activities. Please contact us for further details and information.
Another excellent way to promote Armenia, is to download a color or black and white logo from our website, and use it for publishing, advertising space, posting on your own website or just because you want to help promote Armenia.